Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Fun

I had so much fun for New Year's at RRA. To be honest, I did not want to spend the holidays away from family but overall it turned out to be a great day. One thing that I learned was that there are many ways to have fun other than hanging out with friends and doing non-working things. For once in a long time I can honestly say that this was the first time in a few years that I can actually say that I truly enjoyed the holiday. I was sober and I understood what was going on around me and I did not have anyone coming to me on the next day laughing and joking about how crazy I acted the night before. I laughed until my face hurt. I really took many things for granted when I was at home but once I finish my program and I return home I plan to cherish every moment that I can with my loved ones. I even sat back and thought about how I need to be a better example for my siblings because I have two younger siblings that look up to me and I want to be a role model for them. Karen G.

No comments:

Post a Comment