Monday, January 20, 2014

It has been a very stressful weekend for me. I was so excited because I earned level three. I got my vote-up form back on Friday and I was so happy when I seen that I was supported for level three. What I did not know was that it was going to be challenging. I was expecting to walk into this and have to learn new things such as privileges for level three and what I can and cannot do but I did not see myself as being over-whelmed as I was over the weekend. I found that I was very bossy to my peers and I noticed that I need to find the balance of being firm and friendly to my peers. I guess as I look back over this past weekend to see where I could have done something different, I definitely see that I need to work on and that is remembering that before I was a level three, I too was in the same spot that my peers were at and that I am no different and I noticed that I was almost looking down on my peers. I learned quickly that if I am going to gain respect from my peers, I must be willing to give them respect. Great learning experience and I look forward to working out the few wrinkles so that I continue to move forward in my program. -Karen G.

No comments:

Post a Comment