Monday, January 13, 2014

I am very close to being done with High School. I am very nervous because I am about to not only be a High School graduate but I am going home. I know that I should be excited but I am nervous and anxious all at the same time. I know that I will do what is right, I am ready to go home and put in use all of the tools that I learned while I was here at Red River. I would like to come back and hopefully be able to staff seminars because seminars have been a huge impact on my life. I will miss all of the staff and my peers that I met along the way during my journey. It has been very tough but well worth it. Mrs. Latrice has been a very special person in my life over the course of my journey. She pushed me when I wanted to give up and she was there at all times when I needed feedback and someone to talk to. She never once sugar-coated any feedback to me at all she was always straight honest with me which I really appreciate because she taught me to always believe in myself. I have seen strength that I was not even aware that I had. There were so many times in my program when I felt like this was not worth it. I can now say that since I am at the end of my program I am glad that I was given this opportunity to become the person that I am today. I have worked hard not only in my program but academically. I never seen myself as a High School graduate. I done many things that I never ever thought that I would do. My definition of being out of my comfort zone is something that I cannot begin to describe. I think that I got the most work done in my program by just being me and doing things that I was uncomfortable with. My self esteem is something that I still struggle with even today. I will continue to work on this even once I am at home. I do feel better about myself but there are times when I feel like I second-guess myself and this tends to get me in trouble but overall I am happy with all that I have accomplished and I look forward to reconnecting with my family at home. -Hannah K.

No comments:

Post a Comment