Friday, February 21, 2014

As I sit back and think about my journey here at RRA I see that I came a long way in my program. Today was a huge eye opener for me because someone that I was very close with left today. I never thought that I would come here and make connections with the other girls like I did. I learned a lot from my peer that left today, she pushed me when I did not want to do anything in my program but most of all she encouraged me when I would not encourage myself. I never really knew what the true definiton of a friend really was. I always thought that you had to please your friends and do what they wanted you to do or I would not fit in. I learned that a true friend supports you all of the time. They are honest with you even when we don't want to hear the truth, they never let you settle for less. Another thing that I have learned is how to be a friend and that it is just as important to give than to receive in a relationship. Today was a sad day for me but at the same time I learned a lot from today too. Karen G.

No comments:

Post a Comment